Wednesday, October 3, 2007

More than GWB

While browsing online for works of some fellow journalist, an ad popped up on my screen. It read something like:


“Do you like George W. Bush, Yes (click here) No (click here)”

Now I’m not sure what the ad was for, and nor do I care; but I does resemble the common misconceptions of the general America collegiate public.
The common view of politics held by the average college student is probably their opinion of the President or some “ideological belief” that might sound like bullshit but makes perfect sense to them.
I’m not sure if people don’t realize the plethora of personalities that go into the construction of our government or they are just too apathetic to learn about Alberto Gonzales.
In seven grade social studies we learned about the Presidents cabinet. Now that we are in college can we name one of the 15 cabinet members?
As I dig through the Al Greenspan autobiography I have discovered just how important the positions of Fed Chair or Supreme Court Justice or Chair of the Joint Chiefs, really are.
It’s pretty clear that the Bush administration is going grab headlines for being funny, cause that’s what they are good at. But let’s not forget about the other couple thousand people who really run the government.

No comments: