Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Pundit President

I was watching the Dali lama receive the Congressional Gold Medal in the rotunda earlier today and while I probably should had feeling toward what an amazing international achievement this is, I was feeling something else.

I noticed old Doubya was having a lot of fun.

Viewer could easily notice the overflow of jokes coming out of the president’s mouth. He would crack one with Pelosi and then throw a couple at the Lama. I mean does the Lama even speak English well, enough to understand a joke from the Texan.

It is great to see the President is having a good time and don’t get me wrong I love the enthusiasm, but this is a prime example of the lack of pressure facing this administration. The is not much left to lose for Bush, even the Republican Primary field doesn’t need their incumbent president. As a matter of fact they hate him.

If you listen to the debates you hear how they would distances themselves away from the White House. There is certainly an lure of “anti-Bush” floating around the capital

No comments: