Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

So my Mother’s Day blog is a day late…what are you going to about it?

I always thought M-Day was some made up holiday created by the consumer culture that we live in, and to some extent in was as I drowned a “heavy penny” on two pots of flowers for the old lady.

But in all serious Mother Day was a nice time to thank Mom for all she has done, by sitting on my uncle’s backyard deck, eating chicken wings, playing bocce, and listing to the Yankees on the radio. Our Americanized culture has led us down such an interesting path of our pastimes.

I had a good three days back highlighted by the incredible amount of pointless errands I ran. Seems like the more I do the more the to-do-list grows. I helped everyone move out of Campion Hall over the course of the week only to find myself the alone when I moved out late Friday afternoon. This work has to result in cash soon, as is the way capitalism works.

It’s good to be back, it’s good to be with my mom.

Happy Mothers Day.

P.S. Mets won 5-4 on a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 9th.

No comments: